Welcome to Rochester Little Athletics Centre. We are a family oriented and operated program where athletes compete weekly with their friends, learning many different disciplines of athletics. Our club is committed to developing children of all abilities by promoting positive attitudes and a healthy lifestyle through family and community involvement.
Rochester Little Athletics was founded in 1994 and is a modified children's athletic program for athletes aged 5yo-15yo. Our motto is "Family, Fun & Fitness". We welcome children with a disability and from migrant backgrounds. We have successfully catered to a wide variety of needs for the past 26 years. Our approach has been to fully integrate children's participation without the need for separation wherever possible.
Little Athletics is a family activity, parents are encouraged to participate by acting as helpers to make the competition run smoothly, we wouldn't be able to operate without your support.
Rochester Little Athletics is held on a Friday night from around October to February/March at the Windridge Oval, Reserve Road, Rochester from 5.45pm to 8.30pm
Please note athletes must be a minimum of 5 years of age before 31st December 2020 in order to register.
The 2020/21 season starts on Friday 16th October 2020 and runs for 13 weeks finishing 26th February 2021
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN. To sign up please go to https://lavic.com.au
* Returning members, you should have received a letter from Little Athletics Victoria (LAVIC). If you haven't please contact email us email@example.com
Regular Price is $110 per athlete.
All registrations are completed online, via the link on this page above.
Are you a New Member?
As a new meber you are entitled to two FREE trialist days within a 28 day period as a 'Trialist Athlete Offer'. After this period expires or you have completed your two free trials, you will be required to register as a full member to continue participating in little athletics. All new members please register http://eventdesq.sportstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&EventDesqID=36583&OrgID=1370
LAVIC have released a Trial Athlete Policy which outlines all the regulations in regards to the 'Trialist Athlete Offer'. You can view this policy http://lavic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Trial-Athlete-Policy-September-2020.pdf
What age does an athlete need to be to register?
Athletes must be a minimum of 5 years of age before or on December 31st 2020 in order to register. Check out the Age Calculator on LAVIC's website http://lavic.com.au/membership/new-member/age-calculator/
How lucky is Rochester Little Athletics Centre (RLAC)! We are fortunate enough to be able to open our 2020/21 season. However, to enable us to start, we MUST comply with LAVIC's COVID-19 'Returning to Competition and Training Protocols. This must be followed by ALL our athletes and parents/guardians so that we are able to continue our sport in a safe manner. If we don't obey the rules, we run the risk of being closed down and not being able to run, so please be respect the rules and we'd appreciate everyone’s cooperation and understanding.
RULES THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED
1. Stay away if you are feeling unwell or sick.
2. All athletes must be registered prior to competing. If an athlete isn't registered, they cannot participate on the day. For returning members go to https://lavic.com.au. All new members please register http://eventdesq.sportstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&EventDesqID=36583&OrgID=1370
3. We are encouraging a "get in and get out" approach at our centre.
4. Upon arrival, parents/guardians sanitise hands then you MUST sign in at sign in table (located at front of clubrooms). Please be mindful of our up and in/out and down procedure at the staircase when signing in. Athletes don't have to sign in.
5. Strictly no drop and run while athletes are participating, please remain on the outside of the oval near your car, DO NOT GO ONTO THE TRACK OR FIELD AREAS unless you are essential for conducting an event or required to supervise a group.
6. One parent/guardian per registered athlete to attend. Spectators are discouraged from attending.
7. Maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres from other parents/guardians. Physical distance doesn't apply to our athletes for "one the field play".
8. Do not gather in more than groups of 10.
9. You may be rostered on throughout the season to assist in the running of an event or supervising an age group. You will remain with that group for the entire evening until your specific group has completed all events.
10. Adhere to our Covid Safe Officals (CSO) or RLAC committee members instructions.
11. No parent/guardian are allowed to enter RLAC storeroom at any time. Authorised personnel only.
12. Please leave the venue quickly at the end of the competition.
1. Stay away if feeling unwell or sick
2. If you have your own equipment you are encouraged to bring it along to use.
3. Sanitise your hands upon arrival
4. Head straight to your age group marker and wait there. You don't need to be signed in.
5. Have your own drink bottle. Your group leader cannot hold your drink bottle so please make sure it has your name on it.
6. Keep your clothing separate from others, do not throw all your clothing into a big pile on the ground - give any clothing to your parents/guardian
7. Remember physical distancing of 1.5 metres - no high fives/hugs/handshakes
8. After each throw or jump you MUST sanitise your hands
9. Please listen and be respectful to your group leaders as will will be guiding/moving you around to all your events.
Officiating and parent helpers
1. We have appointed CSO's who will direct all our volunteers on how to run a safe and compliant event.
2. RLAC encourage all volunteers and parent helpers to complete the Covid Infection Control Training, http://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covid-19-infection-control-training. Its very quick and easy to do however, it is not a current requirement.
3. Please bring your own drink bottles
4. Duties will include; measuring, recording, sanitising hands and equipment between each use and between each age group. Long jump and triple jump will also require the use of rakes/brooms. Gloves will be provided if required.
5. Each age group will require at least 3-4 officiators/parent helpers per age group (depending on the age and group size)
You can find LAVIC's Competition and Training Protocols http://lavic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Regional-Vic-Competition-Training-Protocols-Framework-v3.0-28.09.20-web.pdf
For further information or questions on our Covid Safety Protocols please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our 2020/21 Handbook please click https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hrssid3ab2ylalf/AAAZKt92r8u6lUwsaITdnSePa?dl=0